Mozilla Developer Network (MDN)
Firefox Developer Edition
- Minimize the use of global variables and functions to avoid polluting the global scope.
- Use efficient algorithms and data structures to improve performance.
- Optimize loops and avoid unnecessary iterations.
- Use event delegation instead of attaching event listeners to individual elements.
- Minimize DOM manipulation and use techniques like batch updates and document fragments.
- Pay attention to variable scoping to prevent unexpected behavior.
- Handle errors gracefully using try-catch blocks to avoid crashing the application.
- Avoid excessive memory usage by properly managing object references and closures.
- Be cautious with asynchronous code to prevent race conditions and ensure proper execution order.
- Use feature detection rather than browser sniffing to ensure compatibility across different versions of Firefox.
Browser Compatibility Considerations
- Cross-check your code against the Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) documentation for any browser-specific behavior or inconsistencies.