Step 1: Open Firefox Preferences
Using the Menu Bar:
- Click on the "Open Menu" icon (three horizontal lines) located at the top-right corner of the Firefox window.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Preferences". This will open the preferences tab in a new window.
Using the Keyboard Shortcut:
- Press "Ctrl + ," (comma) on your keyboard. This will directly open the preferences tab in a new window.
Once you have accessed the Firefox preferences menu, you are ready to proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Go to Content Settings
To access the content settings in Firefox, follow these steps:
- Open Firefox and click on the menu button in the top-right corner of the browser window. It is represented by three horizontal lines.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Preferences". Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut
Cmd + ,on macOS or
Ctrl + ,on Windows/Linux.
- In the Preferences window, click on the "Privacy & Security" tab located on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down until you find the "Permissions" section. Under this section, click on the "Settings..." button next to "Content Blocking".
- Open Firefox and click on the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Options" or "Preferences" (depending on your operating system).
- In the Options or Preferences window, click on the "Privacy & Security" tab.
- After making your desired changes, click on "Save Changes" or "OK" to apply the settings.
- Restart Firefox for the changes to take effect.
Right-click anywhere on the webpage and select "Inspect Element" or "Inspect" from the context menu. This will open the developer tools panel.